- May-22-2016: The SkatGame app now features the muppets!
- May-20-2016: 4 Million games have been played on ISS!
- Jan-17-2012: ISS game file released (1 million games played on ISS thus far)
- Dec-19-2011: kermit/zoot/theCount now play Grand Hand more often
- Oct-13 2011: added link to JSkat - a new ISS GUI
- Sep-4 2011: timeout warning can now be switched off
- Dec-16 2010: new invitation window in skatgui
- Dec-15 2010: new program theCount: it tracks opponent errors and adjusts its bidding accordingly, otherwise plays like kermit.
- Jun-19 2010: temporary move to skatgame.net:7000, games continue
after reconnect, jump bidding added
- Mar-14 2009: skatgui now supports 5 card decks: french suits
(english/german,2/4 colors) and german suits
- Nov-26 2008: renamed server: it's now called the International Skat Server.
- Nov-21 2008: skatgui update: polish supported
- Nov-5 2008: skatgui update: better invitation mechanism, ratings, user info button.
- Nov-4 2008: added off-line rating system that takes strength of
are updated daily. They try to model the relative playing
strength of players on ISS. As such they can be used to predict who
will win a series of games. Our rating system is based on the ELO
system which we modified for Skat.
- Oct-30 2008: connected XSkat to ISS
- Sep-14 2008: added "First Steps in SkatGUI" section
- Jun-18 2008: explain installation process better.
- May-17 2008: changed default port to 80 in SkatGUI. Port 7000 is
- May-10 2008: Java/C++ client available. Download and unpack clients.tgz
- Mar-11 2008: new playing times
- Nov-15 2007: now playing three times a week on ISS
- Nov-13 2007: 4pl. table debugged, move beep, dealer has server view
- Nov-10 2007: Much simpler registration system.
- Nov-8 2007: Many improvements: table view, observing games, German
translation virtually complete. We are looking for volunteers for
translating SkatGUI and the ISS webpages into Polish, Czech, Spanish,
- Nov-4 2007: Players can now be invited to join tables:
just type: @invite player-name
- Nov-3 2007: Game end message in table text area, dialog window
pops up when partner wants to shortcut game
- Nov-2 2007: increased font size to 14 using bold fonts now.
- Nov-1 2007: skatgui now "speaks German".
- Oct-31 2007: Started with "internationalization" (I18N): login
screen is now available in German, too.
- Oct-29 2007: On Mondays at 14:30 MST (22:30 CEST) there will be
on ISS. Please join us!
Everybody is welcome.
- Oct-29 2007: Added port combobox. Use port 80 to reach ISS if you
are behind a paranoid firewall.
- Oct-29-2007: Added "gametalk" flag: if all players agree, talk is
permitted when playing
- Oct-25-2007: Improved "noob" mode: noobs can now see the remaining cards
- Oct-18-2007: Implemented "noob" mode in SkatGUI: now you can trace
the trick history while playing - if you wish. See the paragraphs on
cheating below for a discussion. Please download SkatGUI version >=
2.6045 to check it out.
- Oct-13-2007: After 4 weeks of hard work ISS goes online
- Connect more skat programs
- Make games available via http
- More internationalization
- Add tournament manager (normal, duplicate skat, etc.)